Feb 13, 2011

Blog, Blog, Blog - Why Am I Blogging?

In trying to craft my first blog post the thought occurred to me that I'm not sure why I'm blogging.  Why do I feel the need to express my thoughts to the masses.  Anyone that knows me, and the randomness and clear lack of direction that my thoughts have, would suggest that the last thing I should be doing is putting pen to paper, so to speak.  Not only that, I'm old-school when it comes to being politically correct, meaning I'm not.  I'm of the mindset that people take themselves, their politics, their religion, their ethnicity and so on way too seriously.  I have no problem calling a spade a spade - the interpretation of that one I'll leave up to you - as long as it's in jest.  Let's face it, we all need to laugh at ourselves more often. Hey, everyone else is laughing at me, why shouldn't I get to join in?  In fact, maybe that's the answer to the "why blog?" question - because everyone else is doing it!



"If everyone else was jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge would you do that too?"

Sorry, that illogical, ineffective, parental persuasion tactic just flashed through my mind when I was completing that first paragraph.  My answer to which would be, "Brooklyn Bridge!  Of course not! What the hell are you smokin' anyway?"  Well, internally that would be my answer.  If I voiced that publicly I'd probably have a faux-alligator-print belt mark across my ass before the sarcasm even had a second to dry.  Seriously though, that Brooklyn Bridge bit never did seem analogous to whatever the debate was about.  By the way, if I ever use the word analogous again please whack me with a virtual faux-alligator-print belt.

Anyway, now that I'm here, and you're here, let's see where this blogging thing goes.  I'm going to give you my two cents on anything and everything and I'd love to hear your half-cent response.  If you want to give your full two cents write your own damn blog.  Just to forewarn you, I'm from New Jersey, so there's a slight possibility that some of these 'slants' will have cynical undertones.  If that's going to offend you, let me just apologize up front and say - I'm sorry you're an uptight a-hole that doesn't own a self-deprecating mirror. Get over yourself.

Let's blog!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin'... you talkin' to me?

Make it fresh. Make it funny. Don't make it personal - I know people...capisce?